Quequechan Quilter - 9 February 2026
Hello everyone,
![]() |
| Gerard Philip Smith |
There is sad news to share. My husband Gerard (Gerry) passed away Saturday morning. He had been declining recently, but it was something I wasn't quite prepared for. He fought very hard to improve after his spinal surgery and then the rehab facility overdosing his insulin. It's just so sad the surgery meant to improve his life seems to have been the beginning of his decline.
Here is a link to his obituary for anyone interested in checking it out.
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/fall-river-ma/gerard-smith-12739479
The photo is from his high school graduation. It was the nicest one I could find and many of his friends and family will remember him that way.
That's really all I have right now. I'm going to be busy going through his things and my FMLA is up on Friday, so I'll be returning to work at my part-time job very soon. I'm hoping to get back to my sewing and quilting in the next few days. It would be good for me to "get back to normal.:"
Take care and enjoy your quilting time,
Virginia
![]() |
| Our Wedding Day |
.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment