Quequechan Quilter - 8 February 2025
Hello everyone!
We're expecting more snow tonight here in Fall River. Predictions are for 4-8 inches, though we're so close to the coast that it could change to more of a mix. It very often does. In any case, I'll be spending my Sunday shovelling out.
Instead of prepping another quilt top for quilting, I decided to make some Valentine themed pillow covers for my living room. I did a Valentine quilt about three years ago and I never got around to making some pillows to coordinate withh it. It's about time I got around to it. They're pieced and partially quilted. I should have them completed this weekend. For now, here a photo of the pieced pillow covers. I should have the completed project for next week's blog post.
![]() |
| Pieced Valentine Pillow Covers (in progress) |
I though I'd have the whole week (or most of it) to work on my projects as my husband didn't have any medical appointments. That went out the window when his cardiologist moved his appointment to this past Wednesday instead of next Tuesday. After that, I had errands and housework to do and never really got to spend much time working on anything. Being retired means I don't have to stick to a rigid schedule and I do like not needing to do that, but I'm finding that I often don't get as much done as I did when I was working full-time, managing the household, and working my hobbies in around it all.
I hope everyone is well and happily working away on their own projects. I do have a pages tab on my blog where I occasionally post free patterns I've designed. There's a quick layer cake quilt pattern that I posted a while back that works up very quickly. It's actually the pattern I used to make the Valentine themed quilt in the photos from a couple of weeks ago. I hope you'll check it out.
![]() |
| Square Cake Pattern Valentine Quilt |
That's it for now. hope you all have a great week full of time to quilt.
Virginia
Remember, you can always comment of leave questions on my blog or email me directly at: quequechan.quilter@gmail.com


Comments
Post a Comment