Quequechan Quilter - 1 February 2025

Hello everyone.

The first quilt top I'm quilting is nearly done.  I just need to finish sewing the binding to the back of the quilt.  I also put out my Valentine's day quilt and door hanging today.

Working on the Binding

It was a very busy week. I had hoped to have this top completed and the next one ready to start quilting, but, as always, life got in the way.  At least I'm making progress.  

I have dinner guest coming today so I've been spending time in the kitchen yesterday and today.  I"m keeping it simple, though it still take a bit of time to finish my housework, prep the appetizers and a few things I can do ahead for the meal.  Today I baked the bread and have prepped the dessert so I just have to throw that in the oven after dinner.

I really need to make a couple of Valentine themed pillow covers.  It will probably be something simple that I can do quickly so I have something to use with my quilt when I put it out each year.

Ready for Valentine's Day

Door Hanging

This coming week, I actually don't have to take my husband to any medical appointments, so my sister and I are planning to get together and I should have a little more time to get into my sewing room.  My husband refers to it as "the girl cave" as it's in our finished basement.  When we bought this place I thought that I'd have a lot more room, which I do, but it never seems to be quite enough room. Oh well!

That's really all I have for today.  Stay safe everyone and have wonderful week of sewing.

Virginia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026