Quequechan Quilter - 4 January 2025

Happy New Year everyone.

I've been busy taking down all my holiday decorations.  I've decided to let the rest wait until tomorrow.  For now, I'm going to write my blog post and spend a quiet evening reading or watching an old film.  Maybe Frank Capra's "Meet John Doe."  It's one of my all time favorites.

Granny Squares

I've started a new afghan for an 'in front of the screen' project.  The last two were ripple patterns so I've decided this one will be granny squares.  I'm using three colors and rotating their placement in the blocks.  I haven't decided on the arrangement of them for the afghan yet, but I'm leaning toward a diagonal of the three different squares.

I"ve also been designing a new quilt pattern.  It started out as an idea for pillow cover, but I've mocked it up as a lap-size quilt top also.  I'm thinking it might  make a nice wallhanging too.

Hopefully, I'll be able to spend some time in my sewing room next week.  I still have four quilt tops to quilt--sorry--five and all the quilt tops I want to make this year and a couple I started and need to finish.  There are always more projects than there is time, though I'm certain I'm not the only person with that problem.

We're having a cold spell here.  The weather pattern is bringing in cold air from Canada and the forecast says it should last for the month of January.  My husband hates the cold.  I rather like it.  It is winter and it's supposed to be cold. At least it's supposed to be cold here in Massachusetts.  We certainly don't get the cold, snowy winters we had when I was a child.  I do rather miss them.


Me & My Sister on Our  Sled

There isn't much more to relate here.  I'm hoping too much of my time next week isn't taken up with medical appointments for my husband again.  He's having heart issues and he's complaining about the arthritis in his back again.  We're seeing a surgeon on Thursday about a cardiac ablation to try to stop the AFIB he's consistently experiencing.  If that doesn't do the trick, he may need a pacemaker, but we'll wait to hear what the surgeon has to say about his options.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Please leave any comments below or email me at:  quequechan.quilter@gmail.com if you prefer.

Happy quilting,

Virginia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026