Quequechan Quilter - 25 January 2025
Hello everyone!
Once again, I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to work on my projects. The quilt I've started quilting isn't quite completed yet, but it should be done by the end of next week. I pulled four threads to choose which to quilt it with and have decided on the gold. I also decided to do some free motion quilting and chose a basic meander to get it done quickly. I have 72 granny squares completed for my latest afghan and I'm still working (occasionally) on a knitted scarf and a knitted hat with some of the yarn left over from one of last year's afghan projects.
![]() |
| Thread Choices |
![]() |
| Free Motion Meander Quilting |
Today is Local Quilt Shop Day sponsored by byAnnie. There aren't many quilt shops near me. The closest one is Homestead Quilting and Fabrics in Lakeville, Massachusetts and the next closest is Ann's Fabrics in Canton.
Ann's is where I usually buy my sewing machines. Andy has always done very well by me when I've purchased and traded my machines over the years. He has a great selection of Bernina, Janome, Baby Lock, and Pfaff machines. As much as I love my old Bernina 170QPE, they've just gotten so expensive. That's why I've been buying Janome machines the last couple of times I upgraded. I love my new M8 and the Elnita ef72 I bought online has turned out to be a very reliable workhorse.
I know I said I was trying not to buy too many new fabrics, but I got tempted this week and ordered a couple of things I fell in love with. I'm still debating whether I can afford to purchase a new fabric collection Connecting Threads has come out with called Swallowtail Grove. It's exclusive to their store and I am dearly tempted to stetch my budget to buy some of it. I'll have to see how end of month goes before I can decide. I'm already stretching the budget a bit with my husband's medical costs inflating our costs a again.
The weather forecast lived up to expectations. It's been the coldest weather we've had here this winter with overnight temperatures in the single digits and day time temperatures not getting out of the low twenties. It's a little bit warmer today, but not much. My husband's been complaining for two weeks about the cold. He hates it. I rather enjoy it. As long as our heat is working at least. It's nice to get out in that cold fresh air--for me anyway. The snow we had on Monday wasn't too bad. It was dry enough for it to stay light and fluffy so it was easy to shovel. Alot of it has evaporated already. The sun helps to melt it a bit, too.
I'm still designing new quilt tops. I have a three-inch binder full of patterns. There are several I would really love to make; I just don't know when I'll find the time. I'd still like to make my Poinsettia's on Point quilt that American Patchwork and Quilting published in their Winter 2024 issue in Sherri & Chelsea's Strawberry Lemonade. I think it would be a great scrappy version of it.
Any way, I hope everyone has a great week and finds the time to sew and quilt. I should have a photo of the fall themed top completed for next week's post.
Have a safe and fun week,
Virginia
P.S.
Here are additional photos of my knitting projects.
![]() |
| Moss Stitch Scarf |
![]() |
| Knitted Hat |




Comments
Post a Comment