Quequechan Quilter - 18 January 2025

Hello everyone!

I made my decision.  I left the solid border on the quilt, trimed it down to half-an-inch finished, and added the rusty orange border.  I think it looks much better.  It's sandwiched and ready to quilt, so the next decision is how I want to quilt it.  I'm leaning toward a simple crosshatch to get it done and out of the way.

New Border

It's Ready to Quilt

I've been trying to spend a few minutes each day working on my projects.  It's not always easy with all the other pulls on my time.  I'll be spending about half  my day Tuesday of the coming week in doctor's offices again, as well as, time chasing my husband's cardiologist who hasn't returned our phone calls.  Just getting them to answer a phone is nearly impossible.  Everything goes to message and they almost never call back.

There are so many quilt tops I'd like to be working on, but I'm sticking to getting the completed pieces quilted before I start anything else.  Sticking to not buying any more fabric is proving difficult, too.  I'm always finding things I really love.  Fabric collections are only available for a short time, so if you don't purchase when it comes out, it becomes very hard to find.  I'm tryinig to stick with "shoppinig" in my own stash as much as possible.  I have a fabric collection that goes back over two decades and I really need to work through all that fabric.

Fabric Bins

That's all for this week.  I hope everyone stays safe.  We may actually get a real snow storm here tomorrow night.  Then they expect the temperatures to drop to near zero right after the holiday weekend.

Have a fun and quilty week!

Virginia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026