Quequechan Quilter - 11 January 2025

Happy Saturday everyone!

We're having some light snow flurries here today.  Yesterday was bright and sunny and we actually had a robin in the trees outside our townhouse.

Our Feathered Visitor

I've pulled the unquilted quilt tops out of the closet.  The first one I'm planning on quilting is a double four patch in fall colors.  There isn't alot of contrast in the top and when I completed it, I used a bright goldenrod colored solid I had hanging around on it for a border as the top is rather small.  I really don't like that border.  I've pulled out a couple of coordinating fabrics from my stash, but I don't know if I want to take the time to remove the border I've already put on it or if I'll just trim it down and add a new one.  The two colors I'm looking at are an orangey rust and mustardy yellow.  If I leave a narrow border of the goldenrod on it, I'll definitely use the orangey rust.  It looks so much better.  If I remove that border I could use either fabric.  Which would you choose to do?

Without the Goldenrod Border

With the Goldenrod Border
That mustardy yellow looks very brown in the photos, but I think you can get the idea.

I'm getting tempted to buy fabric again.  I swore I wouldn't buy anything this year other than the pre-orders I've already committed to and odds and ends to finish projects, but there's always something I fall in love with.  The budget's really tight this year, but maybe I could come up with a little money to indulge my longing for that fabric.  We'll see.

Next week there are no doctor's appointments scheduled, so I should be able to spend some time working on my quilt projects.  I'm really trying not to start anything new (though I'm sorely tempted to) so I can get some of these unfinished things done.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Happy quilting,
Virginia




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026