Quequechan Quilter - 28 December 2024
Well, our Christmas holiday went well. Though my nephew was ill and couldn't join us. My niece and her husband drove down from Albany so it was great to see them both. I spent five days cooking and baking for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Everyone loved the food and we spent December 26 with good friends of ours up in Canton exchanging gifts and enjoying another meal together. With no young children in the immediate family, Christmas is more about getting together, enjoying a nice meal, and enjoying each other's company. I look forward to it each year.
![]() |
| Our Christmas Tree |
My friend Barbara loved her tea cosy and the her husband Ed liked the afghan I gifted them as well. I gave another afghan to my sister this year. I have a new afghan I'm working on, but I don't know if it's one I'll keep or gift. I usually don't know until I've finished them. They're something for me to do when I sit down to watch a show or listen to music as I can't bear to sit and do nothing.
I didn't get around to doing any sewing. Too many other things to do. I probably won't do much this coming week either, even though we don't do very much for New Year's. I usually make teriyaki chicken wings and fried rice for New Year's day, but we are discussing going out New Year's Eve instead to one of the local chinese retaurants as my husband insists on chinese food for New Year's.
As I didn't work on any sewing or quilting projects this week, I'm sharing photos of some of the food I prepared for the holiday.
![]() |
| Berlinerkranzer |
![]() |
| Brownie Nut Torte |
![]() |
| Russian Tea Cakes |
![]() |
| Snickerdoodles |
![]() |
| Mac and Cheese |
![]() |
| Baked Ham |
![]() |
| Apple French Toast Bake |
![]() |
| Caesar Salad |
![]() |
| Quiche Lorraine |
![]() |
| Cranberry Orange Nut Bread |
![]() |
| Thumbprint Cookies |
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year holiday.
Virginia












Comments
Post a Comment