Quequechan Quilter - 21 December 2024 - Happy Holidays!

 Happy Holidays everyone!

I've been busy wrapping presents and making a few last minute gifts.  The tea cozy I made for my friend came out pretty well.  I used a quilt as you go method and utilized the floating or mirage stitches on my Janome M8 to do it.

Tea Cozy

I usually quilt projects like this without the backing fabric so that I can use the backing as a lining and completely cover the seams and rough edges so the piece looks really great when it's done.

Mirage Stitch Quilting

This weekend I'll start baking cookies for Christmas.  Everyone in the family has a favorite.  My niece likes berlinerkranzer, my nephew snickerdoodles, and my sister and I like thumbprints.  My husband likes anything with chocolate in it.  

I'll be hosting Christmas brunch here on Wednesday.  My niece and her husband are driving in from Albany, New York Christmas Eve and driving back Christmas afternoon, so I'll be doing as much of the cooking and prep work on Tuesday as I can.

Right now I plan on making cranberry orange nut bread, whole grain cinnamon schmear scones, quiche lorraine, apple french toast bake, sausages to go with the french toast, and a fruit salad.  The apple french toast bake is a recipe from King Arthur Flour from a few years ago. I've added a link to it if you'd like to give it a try.  Everyone here loves it.

I probably won't have much time for sewing or quilting this week.  The holidays take up a lot of time.  My post next week may be a little short, not sure what it will be about, but I'll think of something.

I wish everyone a wonderful holiday and good times with family and friends during this season whatever holiday you celebrate.

Stay safe if you're travelling and, again, happy holidays!

Virginia











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026