Quequechan Quilter - 16 December 2024
Oops. Forgot to do my blog post on Saturday. Well, here it is two days late.
I realized that I forgot to post a picture of the finished Home on the Range quilt. So here it is. I shipped the two quilts I'm gifting today, so they should be delivered by Wednesday.
![]() |
| Completed Quilt |
![]() |
| Quilt Back |
I've been finalizing the menu for Christmas brunch and doing last minute gifts. My niece and nephew like to get some of my homemade cookies each year and I'll be adding a gift card and some chocolates to each of their gifts. My niece and her husband moved back to Albany, New York a year or so ago and are fixing up the house they bought, so a home improvement store gift card is a help to them. My nephew is a mechanic and always needs something from there as well, so that's what the gift cards will be for.
I've got a couple of last minute gifts to make as well. A very good friend of mine loves tea and only loose tea, so she's getting a new teapot, some Irish breakfast tea, and I'm making her a tea cozy as well. I've decided on the fabrics, and have the battings cut. Now I have to get back downstairs to quilt it and sew it together. It shouldn't take me more than a couple of hours. I may make one for myself as well and maybe my niece as she's also a tea drinker.
I did make one of the pillows for the living room sofa. It was a very quick job, but it's done and my husband has decided it's more comfortable than the other one that's on the sofa. You can also see the quilt on the sofa is the one I made for American Patchwork and Quiltng's Winter 2024 issue.
![]() |
| Finished Pillow |
![]() |
| Close-up of Applique |
That's it for now. Sorry this is two days late. It's just a very hectic time of year for everyone and with so many people having accidents and surgeries it's been a little crazy.
Stay safe. I'll try to get the post done on time. Please leave any comments or questions below.
Virginia




Comments
Post a Comment