Quequechan Quilter - 9 November 2024 - You May Think I'm Crazy
Hello Everyone.
I did get the Home on the Range quilt top sandwiched, but I'm still undecided about how to quilt it. I've considered a basic stipple, loops and cirlces, even some straight line stitching, but nothing seems quite right yet.
![]() |
| It's a sandwich! |
You'll probably think I'm crazy, but I'm actually considering using my serger to quilt it. That's right my serger. It also does coverstitch and I've been toying with the idea of using it to quilt this quilt. Using a serger for quilting isn't new. It's been done for quite a few years. You may even have seen Bernina's videos with Amanda Murphy where she sews and quilts an entire quilt on a Bernina serger. So I was testing out whether I liked using the cover stitch to quilt on some scraps I have.
![]() |
| Top of Coverstitch |
I actually rather like the triple row of stitching on the top of the quilt. It would be a quick way of making a tattersall look crosshatch on it. The back of the quilt has a large text print and I'm not sure I'll like the loppy look of the back of the coverstitch on it. If you;ve tried this or have an opinion about it let me know. It's really intriguing me to give this a try.
![]() |
| Bottom of Coverstitch |
Also, I've been thinking about the piecing of my Poinsettias on Point quilt top that's in American Patchwork and Quilting's current issue. Some of the pieces are a bit small and I found using a sewline washaway glue pen very helpful rather than pinning. I found that the pins distorted the piecing and the glue pen was just enough to keep everything in place while it was sewn.
![]() |
| Glue as Pinning |
Well, that's all I have for this week. Please leave any questions or comments below or email me at: quequechan.quilter@gmail.com.
Have a great week and keep on quilting!
Virginia




Comments
Post a Comment