Quequechan Quilter - 30 November 2024
Happy Saturday! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday. Ours was a bit quiet as most of the family either celebrates elsewhere these days or has passed away. I always did all the holiday dinners for the family, but these days it's either just me and my husband or a very small group compared to the mob we used to have here.
We've had three people we know hospitalized in the past week or so all of them as emergency admissions, and only one didn't need to have emergency surgery. Two of the three are now at home, thank goodness. The third might be home early next week. One was my sister-in-law (my husband's sister) who needed emergency surgery to remove a bowel obstruction, the second was a very good friend who needed to have a softball-sized cyst removed Thanksgiving day. The third was actually the first and she's a neighbor who fell down her cellar stairs and broke he knee cap in three places. Her surgeon advised that the breaks were so close they should heal just as well without surgery as with, so she opted to forego the surgery and went straigh into rehab. She's been doing very well and hopes to be home early next week.
![]() |
| Back of Quilt |
![]() |
| Front of Quilt |
![]() |
| Narrower Evenfood Foot |
I still need to get it bound, though. It's trimmed, I need to cut and piece the binding, then attached the binding to the quilt. Then it's a matter of handstitching or machine stitching to finish the binding. Once this one is finished, I can move on to other quilt tops that need to be quilted and see what I may need to make to complete my Chrismtas gift list for this year.
Anyway, I hope you all are moving along with your quilting projects more quickly than I have been recently. There have just been too many pulls on my time the past few weeks, most of which came up at the last minute.
Please enter any comments or question below or email me at: quequechan.quilter@gmail.com.
Have great week quilting!
Virginia



Comments
Post a Comment