Quequechan Quilter 23-November-2024 Quick Update
Good day everyone!
Well, I haven't finished quilting Home on the Range yet. It's about half-way there; I've just been out and about alot again this week. Between the upcoming holidays, housework, and family I've had almost no time to get into my sewing room.
![]() |
| Quilting on Home on the Range |
I did decide to keep the quilting very simple. The inegrated walking foot on my M8 is my choice for this one and I'm simply stitching down each side of the block seams on the quilt. This is creating a grid and is more than close enough to keep the batting from shredding when the quilt is washed.
For anyone who is in Bristol or Plymouth Counties in Massachusetts, Michelle at Homestead Quilting and Fabrics is updating her Website. The online shop isn't up yet, but everything else is and she's having a sale from now until she closes for the holidays on December 21. It's definitely worth stopping by for the sale.
I don't think I'll get much done on the quilt this weekend as my nephew is coming by today to help me move some furniture and we're planning on driving down to the Cape tomorrow to see my sister-in-law Elaine. She had to have emergency surgery yesterday for a bowel obstruction. She says she's feeling much better than she has for several months now and it seems that this is what was likely causing her symptoms the past several months. So we're glad she's finally feeliing better.
That's all I have for today. I hope all of you are well and getting ready to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday next week.
Take care,
Virginia

Comments
Post a Comment