Quequechan Quilter - 16 November 2024 - Decisions and Time

 I've been out of the house more than in it this week.  I had my final appointment with my orthopedic surgeon on Monday for my left knee replacement.  All is well and I've been released, but that took half my day.  All the errands I didn't get to do on Monday got moved to Tuesday, Wednesday I had a mid-day meeting that took longer than scheduled, Thursday I had more errands to run around my regular housework schedule, and Friday I ended up running out again.  Therefore, I never really got to much in my sewing room.

Thread Options

I've decided on the thread I'll be using for the quilting.  It's a shade of blue that matches the backing fabric very well.  As to how I'll be quilting it, I'm still not sure.  I want something fairly quick, but can't decide what I'd like best on the quilt.  Stippling it would be fairly quick, but not too good for my back.  Doing something with the walking foot would go quickly, but I'm not sure I want to use straight lines on it.  Anyway, I'm hoping to have more time at home this coming week to actually work on this quilt so I can get to quilt the smaller version of my Poinsettia on Point quilt that's in the current issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.

I'm thinking with that one I'll do some machine trapunto work which I haven't done for almost twenty years.  I like the bas relief effect it gives the elements of the quilt top it's used on and I think it would be really nice on the red flower petals of the blocks.  I also still need to come up with gifts for my sister, niece, nephew, and a couple of our friends.  Those will probably be small projects, but I still need to decide what to do and complete it in time for the holidays.

I hope everyone is well and finding time to sew and quilt.

Have a great week,

Virginia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026