Quequechan Quilter - 5 October 2024 - Quilt Progress Update

Hello everyone.

It's been another busy week.  I had to have the windshield on my car replaced which took some time away from my sewing, but I did get the backing together for the Jelly Sticks quilt and have started to prep it for quilting.

Jelly Sticks Quilt Top, Binding, and Backing

Quilt Sandwich

Once that one is quilted, I'll be quilting the Home on the  Range quilt and the second bargello quilt which has more blue in it than the browns that are in the first one.  I also think I'll make a few small things for Christmas gifts.  I just haven't decided on what they'll be or who they'll be for yet.

I received a few more of my pre-orders from Fat Quarter Shop.  Among them are Fiesta by Me and My Sister Designs and Pine Valley by Basic Grey.  I'm always a sucker for Christmas themed fabrics.


There's no plan yet for what I'll do with them, but most of us purchase fabrics we love without a specific plan.  I also find when I do buy fabric with a plan in mind, that plan very often changes.  I almost never use the fabrics I purchase for the patterns I originally thought I'd make with them.

I hope everyone gets to see the latest issue of American Patchwork and Quilting which has a quilt I designed and pieced in it.  They did a wonderful job with the photos which I shared in my last blog post.

I'm still hoping to have the time to make that quilt again in Sherri and Chelsea's Strawberry Lemonade.  I did a mock up of it in EQ and it looks really good.

Michelle Medeiros (Homestead Quilting and Fabrics in Lakeville, Massachusetts) who quilted my Poinsettia's on Point quilt for the magazine is celebrating her son's wedding this weekend.  Congratulations and best wishes to them.

I'm considering putting together a series of articles for people who are considering quilting as a hobby.  I've done some teaching over the years, and I found that people don't understand the potential costs and the amount of time quilting can take.  Comment below if you or someone you know would be interested in this type of series.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the cooler fall weather.  I know I'm enjoying it as it means I can comfortably sit out on my deck and read.  I'm currently nearly finished with Archer Mayor's latest Joe Gunther novel.  I'm hoping it won't be his last.  He's written over thirty books for this series, beginning with Open Season.  I look forward to them each year.  

I guess that's all for this week. Stay well and keep on quilting.

Virginia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026