Quequechan Quilter - 20 October 2024 - What a Week!

What a week.  My computer has been acting up, which is why I'm posting this a bit later than ususal.  It keeps going a bit spastic for some reason and I have to force a shutdown and reload everything.  It just toook it half-an-hour to load all my programs so I could write this post.  Very frustrating.

Wacky Computer Issues

I also spent three afternoons in doctor's offices with my husband.  He hasn't been doing well with some things and if I'm not there he glosses things over when he speaks with his doctors.  The other thing was deciding to start my fall cleaning.  I reworked the living room and the front bedroom.  That took the better part of two days.

New Living Room Arrangement

New Front Bedroom Arangement

I have managed to finish quilting my Jelly Sticks quilt though.  I just haven't trimmed it and added the binding.  Here are photos of the quilting.  The quilting shows best on the backing.

Quilting Close-up 1

Quilting Close-up 2

Quilting on Back of Quilt Top

I should have the binding done by end-of-week.  Then I can work on quilting the Home on the Range quilt top, though I'm still not certain what quilting pattern I want to use on it. I'm actually thinking I may just stipple it.  I haven't stippled a quilt a a few years now, so it would be a change.

Life always interferes with our plans.  I hadn't originally planned on starting my fall cleaning, but was just in the mood for it this past week.  The computer has been acting up for quite some time, but it seemed this week it was particularly troublesome.  

I hope you've had the opportunity to check out my quilt in American Patchwork and Quilting's latest issue and checked out their Website allpeoplequilt.com.
Poinsettia on Point
Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2024 Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved

Also, remember to check out the free pattern (Square Cake) I posted in my blog pages.  It uses a layer cake, doesn't require any additional fabric except for backing and binding, is very simple to make,and can be done quickly.  I made it in some Valentine's Day fabrics last year and everyone loves it. 

Square Cake Quilt

I haven't received any feedback from my blog readers about putting together a presentation for anyone considering quilting as a hobby, but I have had from some of the people I've mentioned it to.  Some of the shop owners in the area think it might make a good seminar for people who come in asking about how to get started with the hobby. If anyone here has any thoughts on this or anything else related to my blog, please comment below.

Have a great week and keep finding time to quilt.  It may not always be easy to do, but it doesn't have to be alot of time.  Even just fifteen minutes to cut some binding strips or decide on the fabrics or their placement is time well spent.

Virginia 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026