Quequechan Quilter - 5 August 2024
Hello everyone.
Sorry it's been so long since my last post. There's been too much going on with HVAC contractors and my husband's health that I just haven't had the time to update my blog.
The HVAC system is finally up and running correctly. Not only did we have new dampers and ductwork installed, but the coil in the brand new system wasn't any good and had to be replaced. The upside is that we finally have real A/C. A/C that you can actually feel blowing from the vents. It's wonderful.
There was another hiccup on the project as well. The team that did the ductwork damaged the access panel to the attic where the system is. It was hanging on by one nail.
![]() |
| Damaged Access Panel |
I haven't done much on my quilting projects either, though I did put the new serger to use by finally making the two turtlenecks I had purchased the fabric for two years ago. I also made myself a new demin skirt.
![]() |
| New Denim Skirt |
![]() |
| New Turtlenecks |
The other thing happening was the new deck furniture. We received the chairs for the set but not the table. FedEX broke the table in transit. The manufacturer agreed to replace it and the new one arrived intact. For now, I'm only putting two chairs out as it's usually just myself and Gerry here.
![]() |
| New Deck Furniture |
Maybe now that some of these things are settled I can finally start spending some real time in my sewing room working on finishing projects I've already started and getting some of my quilt tops quilted.
Just a reminder that American Patchwork and Quilting is publishing one of my quilts in their Winter 2024 issue. I hope you'll check it out and pick up a copy when it comes out if you don't subscribe to the magazine.
I hope you all have a great week and have had more to quilt than I've had these past two months.
Virginia




Comments
Post a Comment