Quequechan Quilter - 14 July 2024
Hello everyone.
I've actually managed to spend some time in my sewing room this past week. I finished going through my stash and moving things around. The storage bins are now in the utility closet under the stairs. That gave me enough room to reorganize my sewing area a bit as you can see below.
![]() |
| Sewing Room Reorganized |
I have the new serger up and running as well. You may see in the photo a turtle neck I've serged for next winter. It needs to be hemmed so I spent this morning resetting the serger for cover stitch. I've done a couple of test runs with that configuration, but I think I want to do another test before I use it on a garment. I want to be certain I'm comfortable with using that for the hems.
The possibility of purchasing a new longarm and frame is now up in the air. There isn't much room in my basement sewing area for it and having to replace the entire HVAC system has really cut into the budget for the year. Even a small frame and longarm seems a bit too large an expense right now.
The saga of the HVAC replacement goes on. To resolve the heat and a/c loss, we need to install new ductwork and the new a/c initially stopped working as the old damper wasn't opening and closing properly. They managed to force it open enough for it to function, but until the rest of the work is done the system won't as it should to provide the better energy efficiency we should get with it.
We're also still waiting for our new deck furniture to arrive. We've had the chairs for two-and-a-half weeks, but the shipper broke the table. The vendor has shipped a replacement and the estimated delivery date is now July 19. We're just hoping they don't damage this one as well.
I hope everyone stays safe in this hot summer we're having. They have extreme heat advisories in place for most of our area today. I hope it's cooler wherever you are.
Have a great week,
Virginia

Comments
Post a Comment