Quequechan Quilter - 9 June 2024

Hello everyone:

I am definitely not as young as I used to be.  I started going through my sewing room on Friday and after four hours had to call it quits.  I did manage to get one section cleaned, reset, and reorganized, but I still have two thirds of the room to do as well as two walk-in storage areas.  Most likely I'll have to do this in smaller chunks.  That means my plan to buy a new longarm system may have to wait.  I was hoping to purchase it this month, but if I can't clear the space that quickly, it will have to wait.

My husband and I had dinner with some good friends last night.  It was lovely to see them again.  Since the pandemic, it seems we haven't seen much of other people.  Hopefully, we can start turning that around now.

I've gone back to working on my Raining Hearts quilt blocks.  I never did finish all the blocks I need for the quilt top I planned.  The piecing of each block takes about three-and-a-half hours, so it's quite a project.

Raining Hearts Block

Like most of us, I probably have more projects than time.  There are at least 24 projects I've planned out, purchased fabric for, but not gotten to yet.  Perhaps it's time I stopped planning new projects and designing new patterns, and play catch-up on all the one's already in my pipeline.

I also need to start working on Christmas gifts or I won't have them done in time.  It always seems as though there's plenty of time to finish them, then other things in life happen and it ends up being a rush to complete things or scaling projects back to finish in time for the holidays.  Hopefully, I can stay on track this year.

I hope everyone has a good week.  Stay safe and keep on quilting.

Virginia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026