Quequechan Quilter - 17 June 2024
I really have a lot of fabric. I'm about half-way through the storage in my sewing room and there is still quite a bit to sort through. I've donated several bags of precuts and usable fabric scraps, notions I know I'll never use, even some patterns I somehow accumulated. I even found old tax documents that need to be shredded. I have 20 years worth of Quiltmaker magazine issues in a storage box, another box with Vogue Pattern magazines and assorted craft magazines that I'll probably never look at again. It's amazing what we accumulate over the years.
All of this is geared to making room for a longarm quilting frame and machine. With all I still need to clean out, I probably won't be able to make space for it this month. Hopefully I'll be able to make the space for the next round of sales at the end of the summer.
![]() |
| Partial View of Sewing Room |
There is also a full-size sofa in the space which will need to be removed to get enough room. I won't know for certain if that will do the trick until I finish my cleanout. The entire space will need to be reset. Possibly put my sewing machines down the long wall and move my cutting table closer to the other end of the room. I'm hoping that will give me enough space to have the longarm in roughly the area shown in the photo. I don't think I could accommodate anything larger than a ten-foot frame in any case.
I've also come to the conclusion that I need to use more of my stash. I really love the fabrics I have and would love to use them. I may need to purchase some odds and ends to complete things, but I really need to start using more of these gorgeous fabrics. I'll try to remember to take some photos of them to show here.
Well, that all for this week. Between cleaning and working on already begun projects I haven't started anything new.
Stay well and keep on quilting.
Virginia

Comments
Post a Comment