Quequechan Quilter - 30 May 2024

 


Hello everyone.

I have added more fabric to my stash.  I purchased Blue Escape Coastal as I'm getting into summer (even though it's raining down buckest here today).  My projects are a bit behind as I've been spending time taking care of my husband the past couple of weeks.  He's been a bit out of sorts and needed some time and care so that had to come first.

I've also decided not to put the emphasis on getting my finished quilt tops quilted.  As I plan on purchasing a new longarm system, very likely this month, they can wait until I have that up and running and I'll complete them on the new machine.  I'm in the process of clearing out some furniture to make room for it at the moment.  Once I've had time to become familiar with the machine and its software, I'll also be able to quilt for other quilters.  Doing this on my domestic machine is time consuming and, therefore, expensive.

We're also sad that our primary care doctor has decided to retire at the end of June.  She's been my doctor since she finished her residency.  She'll be missed.  She's a wonderful doctor and a great person.  We wish her well.

I've been working on a classic blocks sampler quilt design.  I've decided on the blocks and I plan on using the Cinnamon and Cream fat quarter bundle from Fig Tree and Company that I purchased a year or so back.  The mock up looks really nice.  I will need some yardage for borders and something for backing.  That means I'm scouring online retailers for a shop that still has some of the yardage.  Stitchin' Heaven seems to have the most available so far.

There isn't much else going on at the moment.  I've also been clearing out closets and preparing to donate shoes and clothing I don't really use anymore but that still have some life left in them. I also have a full size and a queen size bed frame that we can donate from when we replalced our beds a couple of years ago.  Hopefully, I can find a day to bring them over to the local donation center in the next week.

Have a great week everyone.

Virginia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026