Quequechan Quilter - 16 May 2024

Hello everyone.

It's raining here today.  I haven't finished quilting the first of the two bargello quilts, but I did finish piecing the blocks together for one of my side projects as you can see here.


There hasn't been time for me to play with my new serger this week either.  It seems too many other people and things are taking up my time lately.  My husband deciding to quit his part-time retirement job hasn't helped any.  He's a big drain on my time and always needing something.

I did purchase some thread for the new serger and I've cut out a pattern for a new turtleneck that I had purchased the fabric for two years ago.  I'm planning on sewing it with the new serger and trying out the coverstitch function for the hems.  That is why I bought it afterall.  

I did find someone who wants my old serger.  She lives out of state, but her mother is local and she'll be picking it up for her.  I'm just waiting to learn when she plans to stop by for it.

I have luncheon plans for tomorrow afternoon with a friend of mine who retired this past year.  She just got back a from a trip to Ireland with one of her sisters so I know she'll have plenty to talk about.  My quiet little life revolves around my home, my sewing, and taking care of my husband,though the last is often the most time consuming, so I don't ususally have too much new or exciting to talk about.

The weather should clear after today and the temperature should be a little cooler again.  It would be lovely if the temperatures here would remain between 40 and 70 degrees all year, but they don't.  Even though we don't get the snowy winters we used to, it still gets fairly cold during the winters and far too hot and humid during the summers.

I wish everyone a safe and happy weekend.

Virginia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026