Quequechan Quilter - 02 May 2024
Hello, everyone.
It's been another very busy week. I still haven't finished quilting the first of the five quilt tops, but I do nearly have the baby quilt done that I'm gifting.
As I don't have too much new to share, I though I might show some of my older projects. When my mother-in-law passed away last year, some of the things I'd made for her over the years no one wanted, so I brought them home.
One of projects was a set of embroidered and quilted pillows for her living room. The center floral motif is densely quilted to help the machine trapunto work puff up more. The free-motion quilting I did on the border follows the pattern of the fabric I used.
The embroidery was one that was on the embroidery module for my Bernina 170 QPE Millenial Edition. I still have that machine, but only the embroidery unit works properly. After it's last service, the stitch balance isn't right and nothing I've tried will correct it.
The two machines I use now are an Elnita EF72 (a real workhorse), and my new Janome M8 which I absolutely love. I usually piece on the EF 72 and quilt with the M8.
I also have a Bernette 800D serger. It's a very basic serger and I've been thinking for a while about upgrading to something better. As the machine manufacturers were calling April serger month, most of them had some very good deals on sergers. I looked online and decided that the Bernette 68 Airlock would be a great fit. It not only serges it can be setup to coverstitch. A big upgrade from the very basic 800D which only serges (you can't even drop the cutting blade).
After pondering about it most of the month, I decided it would be a great gift to myself for my birthday this Saturday. I ordered it directly from Bernina USA and it's due to arrive today. I'll let you know (hopefully next week) if it meets my expectations.
Wishing everyone a great weekend,
Virginia


Comments
Post a Comment