Quequechan Quilter - 11 April 2024

Hi everyone.  I know I didn't post anything again last week.  For the first time in nearly four years I was actually ill.  Though I was fine when I first woke up Thursday morning, by mid-day I was vomiting and weak.  It had pretty much cleared up by dinner time, but I still wasn't feeling quite right until Monday.  Enough of that.

The quilt that I've been working on for American Patchwork and Quilting's Winter 2024 issue is nearly complete.  As they didn't want me to quilt it, I asked Michelle Medeiros who owns Homestead Quilting and Fabrics in Lakeville, Massachusetts if she had the time to do it and she said yes.  I picked up the quilted quilted top the other day.  She did a wonderful job for me.  At least having someone I know do the longarm quilting took a little of the sting out of the editor insisting someone else quilt it for me.  The smaller version I made for myself I'll be custom quilting.  I pretty much worked out something I like for it over the weekend, so once I have this one bound and another piece I've already started quilting done, I'll quilt that one.  In the meantime, here's another teaser of what the quilt might look like.

Fabrics:  Joyful Gatherings by Lunn Studios for Robert Kaufman

 I spent Monday out on the Cape with my sister.  We met at Tumbleweed Quilts and went to lunch afterward.  I purchased some yardage of Camille Roskelly's Shoreline fabrics to use with the precuts I already have.  I still don't know what I'll make with them, but I have enough for a quilt top now and the backing.

I also purchased some fabrics at Michelle's shop while I was dropping off the quilt top last week.  She had purchased Windham Fabric's Clover and Dot collection so I purchased the layer cake and some yardage.  I'm leaning toward a simple piecing pattern for these so I can get another top done quickly.

Clover and Dot Fabrics

Well, I'd better get my housework done so I can get the binding on that quilt today.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  

Please leave questions or comments below or contact me at:  quequechan.quilter@gmail.com.

Virginia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026