Quequechan Quilter - 28 March 2024
Hello everyone!
Despite spending alot of time taking my husband to doctor's appointments, the quilt top for the magazine is nearly finished. It just needs its borders. Though I can't share the pattern or the quilt top, I decided to give you a little sneek peek.
Ready for Construction
It's really coming out very well. The few people who have seen it absolutely love it. I hope the readers of American Patchwork and Quilting will too.
I still have four quilt tops of my own to quilt--two bargello quilts and two that I made from Me and My Sister's Picnic Pop fabrics. I also have blocks for another quilt top that I need to put together. I've just had to spend so much of my time taking care of hubby I've taken what time I do have just to work on the quilt for the magazine.
Once the top is together, it will need to be quilted. Normally I would do it myself, but the editor has strongly suggested I have someone else do it, so I'm going to double check with her and if she really wants me to farm out the actual quilting I'll see if Michelle at Homestead Quilting has the time. She doesn't do custom work (only all-over designs) but I need to have it ready to ship by May first and I don't know too many people who do quilting as I've always done my own.
I've actually been considering getting a longarm machine and frame again. I had one about eighteen years ago, but it took so much space in our house that I decided to sell it and just quilt on my domestic machine. If you've looked closely at some of the quilts I've posted previously, you can see the quilting I've done using my domestic machine over the years. I do still have the problem of where to put it as the frame takes quite a bit of space. I'll just have to see if I can make enough room in my basement sewing room by moving things around a bit, though I don't think it will work without eliminating something.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We're having an all day rain storm here. It looks like it will continue through Friday and then clear out for Saturday though.
Please feel free to leave comments or questions below and you can always email me at quequechan.quilter@gmail.com if you prefer privacy.
Virginia

Comments
Post a Comment