Quequechan Quilter - 21 March 2024

 Hello,

It's been another crazy week.  Once again I've spent a great deal of time taking my husband to doctor's appointments.  The infection in his legs is finally improving, but his congestive heart failure has been making his breathing a bit labored.  The doctor had him double up on his diretics and it seems to be helping.

I've just about got the quilt I'm working on for American Patchwork and Quilting pieced together.  I have another row of blocks to put together, add the borders, and then it's ready to be quilted.  I really wish I could share a photo of it with you as its coming out absolutely gorgeous.  The next step is the quilting which I would prefer to do myself as usual, but the editor has strongly suggested that I have someone longarm it for me.  I've been quilting my own quilts for over thirty years and the idea of someone else completing it I find incredibly distasteful.  In the end though, it will have to be done the way they want, so if they really want someone else to quilt it I'll have to get over it.

I still have my St. Patrick's Day quilt on the quilt rack in the living room.  I'll leave it out until April then switch things up a bit again.

Some of the fabrics I preordered have come in.  Pat Sloan's Drawing Room and Camille Roskelly's Shoreline have been added to my collection.  I really need to do more with my stash.  It always seems to grow and it's taking up quite a bit of space these days.



I guess that's it for now.  If anyone has a question or comment, please enter it below or email me at:  quequechan.quilter@gmail.com.

Have a great week,
Virginia







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026