Quequechan Quilter - 07 March 2024

Hello everyone!

It's been another busy week.  I have all the sub-blocks for the quilt I'm doing for American Patchwork and Quilting ready, but I still need to put them together and made into a quilt top.  My husband developed a bad infection and I've been spending a lot of time taking him to doctor's appointments and keeping after him to take his meds and follow doctor's orders.  He's very bad about following doctor's orders.

Anyway, I have made some progress and hope to have the quilt top together by early next week.  I also put out my St. Patrick's Day quilt out for March.  Here's a photo of it on the quilt rack in our living room.

St. Patrick's Day Quilt

 I still have my winter friends quilt on the loveseat, as you can see in the photo, and I changed my winter door hanging for the St. Patrick's Day one I did a couple of years ago.

St. Patrick's Day Hanging

I haven't undone the quilting I didn't like on the Bargello quilt yet.  It's just not a priority at the moment.  I've also started looking for work again.  I'm not crazy about going back to work, but my husband's medical bills are putting us over budget every month so we rather need the money.  Hopefully, something will work out in that area soon.

We did do a night out a couple of weeks ago.  Tom Rush and Matt Nakoa were playing at the Narrows Center for the Arts here in Fall River and my husband and I both enjoy their music so we went bought tickets and had a nice evening out.  The next show my husband would like to go to there is John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band.  If you've every seen the Eddie and the Cruisers films you've heard their music.  They're a very good local band.  If you're in the Fall River, Massachusetts area or planning a trip to a place nearby, you really should check out the Narrows Center's art gallery and concert list.  It's a great venue for music.  Here is a link to their Website:  https://www.narrowscenter.org/

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Hopefully our rain will let up a bit and we'll see a bit of sun as we've had rain all week here.

Virginia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026