Quequechan Quilter - 11 January 2024

I finally got my holiday decorations down on Tuesday.  It always looks a bit strange once it's all put away.  I put my winter wallhanging on the front door.  I had made it quite a few years ago and display each winter after the holidays.

I've been doing out-patient PT for my knee replacement and it's going well.  I'm trying to get past being hesitant about going down the stairs.  With the stairlift in the way, I always seem to back-off reciprocating on the downward trip.

I did splurge a bit the day after Christmas.  I traded my Janome 9450 for a new Janome M8.  

So far, I'm very pleased with the new machine.  I've been trying out some of the stitches and making a couple of small projects with it to get used to how it functions.  It comes with the Janome ASR (stitch regulator) which I haven't gotten around to trying out yet.  I do have a few quilts I haven't quilted yet, so I'll give it a go on one of those projects soon. 

I'm hoping to get back to doing more quilting now that my knee is improving.  It's been a bit difficult to sit or stand for any lenth of time, so sewing has been on the back burner for most of the past two months.  I do have a priority project coming up.  I'm just waiting for the fabrics I need for it to arrive.  Hopefully, they'll be here next week and I can get it moving along.

I'll keep you all posted on what's going on.  Please post any comments or questions below or email me at:  quequechan.quilter@gmail.com

Virginia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026