Quequechan Quilter - 1 December 2023

Well, I finally couldn't stand it any more.  Today I totally went against medical advice and did five loads of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, and vaccuumed and steam mopped my floors.  I felt so much better when I was done and so did my knee replacement leg.  It did swell up a lot, but has been doing that any way.  That's actually my biggest hurdle with my recovery--the swelling.  It just doesn't want to go down so it's restricting my range of motion. 

I've also started to work on my quilted Christmas projects again.  They'll take some time as I can't sit at the sewing machine for too long yet, but I should be able to finish them in time for the holiday.

My sister will be coming over on Tuesday to help me take down my fall decorations and put up Christmas.  I don't think I'll be putting up our tree this year though.  That might just be a little too much at this point.  As long as the rest of the decorations are up, I'll be fine with it.

I don't have much to share on my quilting as I haven't been able to do very much of it since the surgery.  I did splurge and take advantage of the Black Friday fabric sales and order some fabric.  As with most of what I purchase, there is no particular plan for the fabrics, but I know I'll make good use of them in the not too distant future.

I also have preorders in for Sherri and Chelsea's Strawberry Lemonade fabrics which are due out in January.  I'm really looking forward to them.  I just fell in love with the line.

I've just signed a contract with a magazine to publish one of my quilt patterns next year.  I'm waiting to hear back about which fabrics they would like the sample done in.  Once I have all the particulars from them, I can start work on making the quilt.  The pattern is already written, so I'm all set there.

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.  It was just my husband and I this year so I roasted a chicken instead of a turkey.  Turkey would have been way too much for just the two of us.  I baked a pumpkin pie first thing Thanksgiving morning, then made my stuffing and got the bird ready to roast.  Once that was cooked, I made some mashed potatoes and french style green beans.  I usually bake my own bread for the stuffing and dinner rolls, but, with still recovering from the surgery, I bought some Pillsbury crescent rolls to go with dinner.  It's not like me to take shortcuts, but it was worth it.  I had all I could do to get through cooking the pie and the dinner.

I hope someone will let me know if the make the free pattern I posted a few weeks back.  It's a great use of a layer cake and works really well for a quick gift when you need one.

I should be able to share some photos of the Christmas decorations next week.  I'll also share an update on the table runners I'm making as gifts this year.

If anyone has a comment or question please enter it below.

Have a safe and happy week everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026