Quequechan Quilter-12 October 2023

I hope everyone had a good week.  I'm so happy that our weather has finally cooled down and fall is here.  I know many people enjoy the summer, but I just find it far too hot.

I finished the Too Cute to Spook version of my wallhanging, so I have some photos to share of it.  The Rustic Gatherings version should be finished for next week's post.


Back-Too Cute to Spook

Front-Too Cute to Spook

As you can see in the photos, I haven't finished stitching the label on the back, but all else is completed.

I added a page to the blog this week.  I am sharing a simple pattern I designed which I title "Square Cake."  It uses ten inch squares from any layer cake.  If your layer cake has 42 pieces, you can make a quilt approximately 62" X 72" or a 62" square quilt and an 18" pillow to go with it.  If you choose to add borders, you can make the pieced top a bit larger to suit your need.

This is the pattern I used to make the Falling in Love quilt I shared a few weeks ago.  Here are some updated photos of that quilt to give you an idea of what the pattern looks like finished.

Falling in Love Quilt - Square Cake Pattern

Close-up of Falling in Love

You may notice in the photos that a directional fabric will rotate in the blocks.  If you prefer that a directional fabric stay in its intended direction, you will need to cut them separately from the tossed fabrics in your collection for the direction they will be in the quilt.  I didn't mind them changing direction, so I just cut them in piles of five or six and mixed them up to construct the blocks.

If anyone has a question, comment, or suggestion, please use the comment area below.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026