Quequechan Quilter: 21-Sep-23 Update
The weather here has been lovely all week, so I haven't been spending too much time on my quilting. I have nearly completed the quilting of the Lucky Gnomes quilt. When that is finished, I think I'm going to get the two wallhangings I recently completed quilted before I quilt the two lap size quilt tops I made with Picnic Pop by Me and My Sister Designs for Moda.
Lucky Gnomes Quilt
As I haven't completed anything yet this week, I thought I would share a photo of a quilt I made about 25 years ago. I fell in love with the panel which I purchased from Saftler's in Whitman, Massachusetts. I bought coordinating fabrics to border the blocks in the panel and cut different size wedges to piece between the rows of blocks. There is free motion quilting outlining the motifs in the blocks from the panel and I used a decorative embroidery stitch for the rest of the quilting.
I still miss Saftler's. They were in business for nearly 100 years when the property owner decided to sell out to a developer and the family couldn't find another retail space they could afford to move into. Such a great loss.




Comments
Post a Comment