First Block-Haunted House Quilt

Well, another week has gone by and the Falling in Love Quilt isn't quite finished.  The quilting is done, but it still needs to be bound.  I should have it completed for next week's post.

I did sew the first block of the Haunted House Quilt I designed.  It's actually a very simple over-sized Drunkard's Path block.  


The top one is in last year's Too Cute to Spook and the bottom one is in Lisa Bongean's Rustic Gatherings just released in May of this year.  I don't know if I'll do the ghost applique block next or the house block.  Right now, I'm leaning toward doing the pieced house block next.  Below is the outline of the quilt which I posted a couple of weeks ago for anyone who may not have seen it.

I've written the pattern for the quilt.  It should finish at 35.5" by 35.5".  Of course, I may change my mind about the sizes of the borders or how many borders I add.  I've been considering making it into a lap size quilt by adding one or two pieced borders and then another fabric border to frame it.  I might try that out with the Too Cute to Spook version of the quilt.

I hope you had the opportunity to check out the Jordan Fabrics Website.  They have a large selection of fabrics and Matt hand-cuts a certain number of quilt kits and fabric collections just for their store to sell. 
His hand-cuts are all straight-edge--no pinked edges to fray and lint while you're working with them.  I've purchased several of his hand-cuts and love working with them.

Hope everyone has a great week. I hope if you're enjoying this blog that you'll leave a comment and let your quilting friends know about it.

Have a great week everyone.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quequechan Quilter - 30 August 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 13 September 2025

Quequechan Quilter - 4 April 2026