Bits and Pieces

It has been a very busy week and I haven't had much time to spend in my sewing room so my Falling in Love Quilt still isn't completed; therefore, I thought I'd share some of my other projects with you today.

I designed and pieced a quilt with the Benartex collection called Lucky Gnomes.  It's a two block quilt one of which is a very simple block of the focus fabric and the other is a pieced shamrock block I designed.  Here is a photo of the Shamrock Block.


Each of the Shamrock Blocks took about an hour-and-fifteen minutes to sew.  The diagonal sub-block construction was fun to do.  It isn't quilted yet, but below is a photo of the completed top.

I also have a scrap project I'm working on with fabric left over from a project I did a couple of years ago with Moda's Hustle and Bustle Christmas fabrics.  This is my "when I'm tired of quilting the quilt" project. Below is a photo of the work in progress.



I'm using a pattern from Donna Jordan of Jordan Fabrics in Grants Pass, Oregon.  She and her husband Matt have a quilt shop (which since the pandemic is online only) and it is definitely worth checking out their Website and their YouTube videos.  Here is the Web address: https://jordanfabrics.com/

I hope you're enjoying my little ramblings.  Have a great week.


Comments