Haunted House Quilt Pattern Update
I have nearly completed the pattern for the Haunted House Quilt I showed an outline of last week. I've printed the templates for the applique ghost, drunkard's path blocks, and the pumpkin stems. I'm planning on making this in two different fabric collections. One will be Lisa Bongean's Rustic Gatherings which was just released and the other is going to be Too Cute to Spook from last year.
I still haven't quite finished the quilting on the Falling in Love quilt. It's almost there so it won't be too much longer until it's done. Then I can get onto quilting the other five I have ready to sandwich and quilt. I'll be working on some Christmas projects and the Haunted House quilt in between quilting them. I find it helps me to work on multiple projects. I feel more like I'm getting some where and don't feel overwhelmed by one project.
I though I'd share a photo of another quilt I finished late last year. The pattern is referred to as "chandelier" or "beads." It's fairly quick to do and I think the Maywood Studios florals worked very nicely in it.
I used alot of stitch-in-the-ditch and straightline quilting on this. I used to really love free-motion quilting, but, lately, it just doesn't seem to interest me very much. I find I'm doing alot of quilting with my walking foot.
Well, that's it for this week. Stay safe in all this heat. It really is nasty outside.


Comments
Post a Comment